Pacific University Catering
Pacific University is proud to feature ARAMARK as our exclusive food service provider, offering a selection of menu items designed to satisfy a variety of preferences.
Our dining facility features daily menus, including a meatless entree available at every meal. Special dietary requests (for example, gluten-free or diabetic requirements) can be addressed with advance notice. Our creative culinary staff is available to customize any menu to meet your needs.
ARAMARK Catering blends a tradition of fine service with creative planning and consistent event execution. Catering specializes in creating unique menus featuring regional, seasonal, artisan-produced products. Our artful creativity and passion for fine, locally-grown food is a perfect complement to the Pacific University expectation of excellence.
The POD (Product On Demand) is located in the University Center and features grab and go snacks. Starbucks coffee, and a variety of baked goods. Boxer Bistro summer hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., but can be extended for larger groups or special needs.
Pacific also has a full-service Starbucks. It is located in the University Center between the POD and University Bookstore.
Non-University (Outside) Catering
Aramark is the preferred provider for food and beverages for the Forest Grove and Hillsboro Pacific University campus community. However, university faculty, staff, students and their guests may use pre-approved non-university caterers providing specific guidelines are followed.
Approved non-university caterers have the ability to cater food and non-alcoholic beverages on the Forest Grove campus and to cater food, beverages and alcoholic beverages on the Hillsboro campus. Aramark holds the alcohol service license for the Forest Grove campus.
University staff, faculty and students are responsible for using only the approved caterers, making sure reservations for space has been made through the university room scheduling program (EMS) including any tables, garbage cans, or other equipment needed for the caterer. This should also include water service from non-university caterers. Aramark kitchen and supplies are not available to non-university caterers. University personnel will be responsible for making sure all bills from the caterer are paid. Non-university caterers are responsible for set-up, take-down and clean-up. Aramark supplies and spaces will not be available for non-university caterers to use.
Please read the Outside Catering Guidelines before arranging for non-university catering.
Catering is defined as:
- Non-university caterers/restaurants/food vendors who provide food on property owned or leased by the University.
- Coming on to University property to prepare, deliver, transport, set out and/or serve food for meetings, conferences, or special occasions.
- Licensed, insured, and approved caterers providing food and beverage service on campus.
A Food Waiver is required for:
- Food prepared by a caterer/restaurant/food vendor but is delivered, transported, set out & serviced by the Pacific University event planner/organizer.
- This may include but is not limited to deli trays from the grocery store, sandwiches, coffee and pastries from a coffee shop or food order picked up, transported and set out by the event planner/organizer.
- Food waivers should be requested at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Food waivers also require the responsible person to hold a current Food Handler's Card, which can be obtained at: http://www.co.washington.or.us/HHS/EnvironmentalHealth/food-handler.cfm/
Home prepared food:
- Home prepared food can create food safety, liability, and health related challenges & is not recommended.
- Applying for a Food Waiver is required for home prepared food, but may not always be granted or may have additional requirements such as an outline of how food will be prepared including the location.
- A Food Handler's Card is required by the person overseeing the food preparation.
- Please apply at least three weeks in advance.