The Office of Research considers research and program risks policies designed to protect humans, animals, and the environment from potential hazards and provides support for federally mandated review committees including the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The Office of Research supports the University in promoting ethical conduct of research and educating Pacific University students, faculty and staff regarding research regulations.
All contract proposals require the University to certify that Federal regulations (compliance) is met at the University. This requirement is for proposals resulting in contracts. Non-compliance with the regulations will result in stiff fines and penalties.
Compliance issues that may need to be addressed by the Office of Research include the following items.
- Conflict of Interest
- Health Insurance Accountability and Portability Act (HIPAA): Privacy and Safety
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) : Animal Use in Research
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC): Hazardous biological materials (currently under development)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) : Use of Human Subjects
- Intellectual Property : Intellectual Ownership Policy