Current Open Positions
The Executive Assistant to the Dean provides daily administrative support to the Dean in the development and implementation of policies, organizational development, project management, financial analysis, and budget compliance. Other responsibilities include support the Dean in public relations and community outreach.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the administration and leadership of a comprehensive Human Resource program for the University faculty and staff.
Full-time, tenure-track assistant/associate professor position. The candidate would be expected to: teach five courses per academic year; assist the School in meeting all aspects of CSWE accreditation guidelines; engage in research and scholarship activities; advise students; and participate on University committees.
Job #: 1175
The assistant sports information director will assist the sports information director in the daily publicity, media relations and event management of the University’s 24 intercollegiate sports programs. The assistant SID will serve as the primary contact for a number of programs and will work to successfully promote and report on those teams. The successful applicant will be required to assist at home football and basketball contests and will be charged with developing marketing strategies to help bring students and community members to Pacific athletic events.
This position is an internship position, funded by a Division III Ethnic Minority & Women’s Internship Grant from the NCAA. The purpose of this grant is for Division III institutions to create professional administrative opportunities for minorities and women to enhance diversity and inclusion within their athletics staffs. As such, the selected candidate must be an ethnic minority and/or female to qualify.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sports Information & Athletic Communications (60%)
• Act as the primary media relations contact for specific sports in the intercollegiate program, which will include dissemination of press releases (including postgame releases and weekly notebook releases), development of publications (game programs), statistical maintenance, staffing of home contests and reporting of scores and statistics as per Northwest Conference and NCAA guidelines.
• Assist in the daily maintenance of the Pacific University Athletics website, GoBoxers.com, which may include special projects outside of the assistant SID’s assigned sports areas.
• Promotes story ideas on Pacific student-athletes to local, hometown and regional media outlets. In some instances, may write stories for presentation to those outlets and the Pacific website. Works with coaches to identify and develop those story ideas.
• Develop and provide annual maintenance of recruiting brochures for all sports.
• With Sports Information Director, provide for the successful staffing of assigned events with Work Study team.
• Develop and coordinate promotional/marketing efforts to draw members of the Pacific and Forest Grove and surrounding communities to Pacific home events.
• Assist in game day staffing for all home Pacific football and basketball contests.
Develop & Implement Marketing Strategies For Pacific Athletics (20%)
• Develop, implement and maintain a marketing strategy to better market the Pacific University Athletics program to on-campus audiences as well as the Forest Grove and Washington County communities.
• Assist with and develop new promotional efforts through Pacific Athletics’ social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
Support/Assist Department In Special Events/Fundraising Functions (10%)
• Assist Director of Athletics and Manager of Administrative Services as needed with Boxer Club.
• Provide support for athletics special events, such as the Athletic Hall of Fame Ceremony and Boxer Club events.
Serve As Assistant Coach In Sport Of Most Experience (10%)
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Sports Information Director or Director of Athletics.
• May be asked to assist with photography and video needs.
Successful applicant will perform duties independently while working within established directions and guidelines. Will be asked to multi-task during regular office hours. The assistant SID will work under deadline to provide detailed postgame information (for both home and away events) for both the media and for the website. Training will be provided in University sports information procedures.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITY: The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising 3-8 Work Study students for the purposes of staffing home athletics event. Will work with the Sports Information Director to provide direction for 1-3 Work Study office assistants.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, sports administration, marketing or a related field is required.
• Past experience working in a college sports information office is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS:
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff and the public appropriate to the age of the individual served.
- Builds on basic learning and carries it from one situation to another.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision-making.
- Asks questions and seeks assistance.
- Takes responsibility to eliminate the source of problems.
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding information pertaining to all students, faculty and staff.
- Maintains proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee’s particular job.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong writing skills with working knowledge of Associated Press style.
• Proven accuracy, thoroughness, timeliness, attention to detail and sense of urgency in meeting responsibilities and established deadlines.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects independently.
• Must have strong oral communication skills.
• Experience working with both PC and Macintosh platform computers.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of sports within the University’s program and understanding of the sport’s rules.
• Experience with Stat Crew statistical software (football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball/softball and lacrosse) and Hy-Tek statistical software (swimming, track and field) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop is strongly preferred.
• Experience with the SIDEARM Sports web platform is preferred.
• Experience with video editing platforms (iMovie of Final Cut Pro) is a plus.
• This is a full-time position requiring 40-plus hours per week. Effective time management is a must.
• Will be required to work regular evenings and weekends for staffing of home events.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: __Climbing __Balancing __Stooping __Kneeling __Crouching __Crawling __Reaching _X_Standing _X_Walking __Pushing __Pulling _X_Lifting _X_Fingering __Grasping __Feeling _X_Talking _X_Hearing _X_Repetitive motion
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: __Sedentary work _X_Light work __Medium work __Heavy work __Very Heavy work __Visual acuity
APPLICATION: Please email cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please name your documents as shown in the following example: (Example: Adams_Amy letter, Adams_Amy resume, Adams_Amy references). You may also mail your application materials to Human Resources/Pacific University, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116.
Application materials will be screened and interview candidates will be selected and notified. The hiring process normally consists of several interviews and can last several weeks depending on the position. Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and successful completion of a background check. If the position is posted on our job board at http://www.pacificu.edu/hr/employment/positions/index.cfm it is an available position and you may apply. No phone calls please.
Pacific University is a small but diverse community, where students thrive in a personal academic environment. Tracing its roots back to 1849, when it began as a school for orphans of the Oregon Trail, Pacific has long been devoted to making a difference in people’s lives.
Today, students study in a unique combination of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in the liberal arts and sciences, optometry, education, health professions and business. Pacific University has campuses in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Eugene and Woodburn, Ore., as well as an office in Honolulu. In addition, a variety of Pacific University health and eye clinics throughout the Portland area serve patients and provide students with practical experience.
At Pacific University, students and faculty engage in discovery through close, nurturing relationships that provide extraordinary learning experiences. International study, service learning, internships and co-curricular activities have been integral parts of the education of nearly 25,000 alumni worldwide who share in the Boxer spirit.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY | It is the policy of Pacific University not to discriminate on the basis of sex, physical or mental disability, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religious preference or disabled veteran or Vietnam Era status in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or any other classification protected under state or federal law, or city ordinance. Questions or complaints may be directed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116, email@example.com.
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct bench research that aligns with a selected School of Pharmacy basic sciences faculty member and facilitates the scholarship mission of Pacific University. As our School and University have a primary focus on teaching, this fellow will also receive experience in the various aspects of academic pharmacy.
The School of Physician Assistant Studies (SPA) at Pacific University is seeking applicants for an extended term track or tenure track, Assistant Professor (preferred; Associate possible) position with the Didactic Team.
Assists the Director of Learning Support Services for Students with Disabilities (LSS) in the delivery of services including: conversion of course materials to alternative, accessible formats; support of notetakers and other student workers; scheduling of alternative testing and examinations, and working with students to implement learning accommodations. This is a part-time position (.65 FTE) that will work approximately 26 hours per week.
For a portfolio of programs, responsible for the integrity of computerized student academic records; course and schedule building; pre-registration, enrollment and grading activities; provides customer service to students, faculty, staff, parents, and the public.
The Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach will be responsible for serving as Head Coach of the Men’s Soccer Junior Varsity program as well as serving as the primary recruiter for the JV team.
The Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach will be responsible for serving as Head Coach of the Women’s Soccer Junior Varsity program as well as serving as the primary recruiter for the JV team.
The Assistant Volleyball Coach will be responsible for serving as Head Coach of the Volleyball Junior Varsity program as well as serving as the primary recruiter for the JV team.
The School of Professional Psychology at Pacific University is seeking applicants for a tenure track position at the Associate or Full Professor level as the Director for its APA-accredited PsyD Program, beginning July 1, 2015.
We invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology in Integrative Biology (focused on animals) to begin August 2015. We seek someone working across levels of biological organization with specific expertise related to one or more of the following areas: behavior, comparative anatomy, neurobiology, or endocrinology.
We invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology in Evolutionary Biology to begin August 2015. We prefer taxonomic expertise in plants or fungi, but candidates with interests in other organisms will also be considered.
The School of Audiology in the College of Health Professions at Pacific University seeks candidates for two open-rank faculty positions to participate in the on-going development and implementation of an accelerated three-year (121 credits), modified block-curriculum Doctor of Audiology (AuD) degree program.
Pacific University, an outstanding private, comprehensive university located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, seeks an accomplished leader to serve as Director of its School of Occupational Therapy. The school, founded in 1984, is one of eight schools comprising Pacific's College of Health Professions.
A pharmacy practice faculty member (e.g. Assistant or Associate) is responsible for the planning and implementation of assigned coursework within the School of Pharmacy. The faculty member is involved in the development, implementation and maintenance of a pharmacy practice site to facilitate experiential training for Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) candidates.