The Department of Housing must be notified by email or by submitting a Housing Cancellation form if you wish to cancel your housing assignment for the 2015-16 academic year. The Housing Office will verify student eligibility. Students who cancel their housing on or after July 1, 2015 will be charged a $300 cancelation fee to their student account.
Pacific University requires all students under 20 years of age prior to the beginning of the fall term to live and board on-campus unless the student has fulfilled Pacific University's two-year residency requirement.
Students seeking an exemption must contact the Housing Office to obtain a Residency Waiver Request form. The completed waivers should be returned to the Housing Office. The Residency Options Committee reviews requests the first Tuesday of each month. The Committee decision will be emailed to the applicant’s Pacific account within 5 business days of the date the committee convenes.
Residence Hall Eligibility
Clark Hall, McCormick Hall, Cascade Hall, or Walter Hall
These residence halls are generally for students 19 years old and younger prior to the beginning of the Fall term.
Burlingham Hall or Gilbert Hall
These residence halls are for students that are 19 years old and older prior to the beginning of the Fall term or have completed one year of the two year Pacific University residency requirement.
This residence hall for students that are 20 years old and older prior to the beginning of the Fall term or have completed the two year Pacific University residency requirement.
Returning students who choose not to participate in the Housing Lottery process or missed their lottery selection appointment and desires housing for the 2015-16 academic year, will participate in a different housing assignment process. Contact Housing for details.
- To be eligible for the Housing Wait list, you must have participated in the Housing Lottery
- The Housing Wait List form can be downloaded or is available from the Housing Office. It must be completed and returned to the Housing Office no later than noon on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
- If you did not receive your preferred assignment, the wait list gives you the opportunity to be considered for future vacancies in the residence halls.
- All wait list forms will be prioritized according to appropriate lottery ranking
- You may rank up to three housing choices but will automatically be placed in the first room that becomes available
- By completing and filing a Housing Wait List form, you are authorizing the Housing Office to change your room assignment without notification, as long as the new assignment is one of the preferences noted on your wait list form
- If the Housing Office attempts to contact you regarding your request and no response is received by the date specified, Housing staff will go to the next person on the wait list or place you in one of your requested rooms, if applicable
- Written confirmation of the new assignment will be sent to your Pacific email account
- Wait list assignments cannot be refused
- If you complete a Housing Wait List form and wish to cancel it, you must email the Housing Office before your request is processed
- All wait list applications are null and void once housing check-in begins on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2015
- The Housing Office may suspend consideration of wait list applications at any time should circumstances warrant
Not on campus next year?
If you do not meet the University's eligibility requirements to live off campus but are planning NOT to reside in University Housing for the 2015-16 academic year you must download and complete the Housing Status Change form, and bring to the Housing Office.
Due to the high volume of e-mails that we receive during the Housing Lottery season, we are unable to answer Housing Lottery questions via e-mail (except for students that are not on the Forest Grove campus). Therefore if you have questions about the Housing Lottery, be sure to read the Housing Lottery webpages (pages go live 2/20). Almost all questions asked are answered on these pages. You may also connect with a Housing staff member during designated Housing Lottery Walk-In Office Hours.
Designated housing lottery walk-in office hours start February 23 and end on April 30 (excludes weekends and Spring Break March 23 - 27). The schedule is as follows:
Mon/Wed: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Tue/Thu: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Fri: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.