All students residing in University housing are required to live on campus for the duration of the contract terms (full academic year). A student may be released from the contract for reasons stated on page 5 in the Residence Hall Handbook.
Questions? Contact the Housing Office.
Leaving After Fall Semester or Winter Term
If you will not reside in University housing after the Fall semester or after Winter term you must notify the Housing Office by email by Nov. 25 at noon with your reason for leaving and which term you intend to check out of housing.
You must meet one of the criteria below for being released from your housing contract.
- Studying Abroad
- Approved to move off campus (Residency Waiver required, 11/25 deadline does not apply for waiver requests, see calendar below for waiver submissions.)
- Withdrawing from Pacific
Request a Residency Waiver
Housing contracts are binding for the full academic year. If you wish to move off campus you must meet the Residency Waiver criteria, and the request must be approved by the Residency Options Committee. Students moving off campus without committee approval may be held responsible for payment of both room and board fees through the end of the academic year.
Download a Residency Waiver Request (pdf) form.
Approved to Check Out
If you have been approved by the Housing Office to check out of your room because you are graduating, studying abroad, have an approved Residency Waiver or are withdrawing from the University you must complete the following steps:
- You must set-up an appointment with your Resident Assistant to learn more about the check-out process.
- You must check out of your room by the dates listed on the Winter Housing Process Timeline Calendar. These steps must be completed in order to avoid any fines as stated on page 8 and 9 in the Residence Hall Handbook.
- You will continue to be billed for room and board until you have completed the check-out process. Once completed, your student account will be updated appropriately.
Room & Meal Plan Information
Room charges and meal plans are billed on a two-semester basis which includes Winter term. However, students who are approved by the Housing office to vacate housing prior to the start of the Spring semester or those not housed during the Fall semester, will be charged the standard weekly rate on a prorated basis for the month of January. No room refund will be issued for Winter term and your spring semester rent may be prorated. See the 2015-16 Academic Catalog, page 77, for details.
Staying for Winter Term and/or Spring Semester
You do not need to inform the Housing Office of your plans if you are or are not enrolled in a Winter term course, as long as you will be returning to your room for the Spring semester. You may leave your belongings in your room.
Meal Plan Information
- Meal plan rates are billed on a two-semester basis, which includes Winter term. Your Fall meal plan ends on Jan. 16 and your spring meal plan begins on Jan. 17.
- Your Fall block meals will not transfer to the Spring semester but your declining balance will transfer. At the end of the Spring semester, you can carry up to $100 of declining balance to Fall 2016, if you are enrolled for that semester.
- Meal plan changes are allowed during the first two weeks of Spring semester (Feb. 1 -12). Changes must be made using the Meal Plan Change Form in the Student Life Office during this time period.
End of Fall 2015/Winter 2016 Housing Calendar
Nov. 30 | Residency Waiver requests are due to the Housing Office by 5 p.m.
Dec. 1 | Residency Options Committee begins review of Residency Waiver requests.
Dec. 4 | Holiday Break Housing confirmation will be sent by university email by 5 p.m.
Dec. 4 | Residency Options Committee decisions will be sent by university email by 5 p.m.
Dec. 17: Residence Halls close at noon for winter break for all students unless a request to stay during winter break has been approved by the Housing Office.
Dec. 17: Students not returning to Pacific, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Fall semester must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by noon.
Jan. 9: Residence Halls reopen at noon. Regular meal service resumes with dinner.
Jan. 11: Winter Term classes begin.
Jan. 27 | Students not returning to Pacific for Spring semester, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Winter term must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Feb. 1 | Spring semester classes begin.
Feb. 1-12 | Meal Plan changes accepted through the Housing Office (two weeks only).
Feb. 15-29 | Spring Room Change Period. Room Change Request Forms accepted by the Housing Office until February 29 by 1 p.m.