The Residence Halls close for Holiday Break on December 11 at 12:00 pm (noon) and re-open on January 4 at 12:00 pm (noon).
If you would like to request permission to stay during any part of the Holiday Break, or should you anticipate needing access, you must be approved to do so through the Holiday Break Application. If you need to stay for any dates in the middle or the end of the break, you must request access for the entire Holiday Break. Students who are approved will be notified via their University email address with further instructions and details regarding services during the break period, by 5 pm Friday, December 5.
- Request the Holiday Break Housing Application through the Housing Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The request for an application and its submission must be done by the posted deadline of November 26 at noon to avoid additional charges.
- No Holiday Break Housing cancellations will be accepted after December 11 at noon. All fees will be applied directly to the applicant's student account.
- Requests for Holiday Break Housing will not be accepted after December 19 at noon.
Holiday Break Housing Options
Access requested for the entire break December 11 at 12:00 pm (Noon) through January 4 at 12:00 pm (Noon), and is not for University winter athletics, or a University travel class.
- $330.00 - applies only to residents that meet the published application deadline of November 26 at noon
- $380.00 - applies to residents that request housing after November 26 at noon but before December 11 at noon
- $430.00 - applies to residents that request housing after December 11 at noon but before December 19 at noon
Access requested to stay a few nights beyond December 11 for travel purposes only. The cost is $50 per night.
- Thursday, December 11 - Checkout Friday, 12/12 at Noon - Fee: $50.00
- Friday, December 12 - Checkout Saturday, 12/13 at Noon - Fee: $100.00
- Saturday, December 13 - Checkout Sunday, 12/14 at Noon - Fee: $150.00
Access requested to stay for University Winter Athletics, or University Travel Class, or Residence Life staff.
- Winter athletes required to be on campus over the holiday break. Name must be on team roster provided by the coach.
- Travel Class students that have a departure date on or before January 4, must have class professor email Housing Office for approval. Student will be given access to residence hall room for one night prior to the class departure date.
Late Fee: Requests received past the published application deadline of November 26 at noon will result in a $25 Housing Administrative fee in addition to the rent fees.
Building Access Fee: Requests to "access" housing over the Holiday Break, will result in a $25 Housing Administrative fee per instance. The resident will need to be escorted in and out of the residence hall by CPS or a Residence Life staff member.
Cancellation Fee: Residents who cancel their request between the application deadline of November 26 at noon through December 11 at noon will be assessed at $25 Housing Administrative fee. No changes or cancellations will be accepted after December 11 at noon.