Short Term Disability

Staff

Short term disability is provided to benefit eligible staff to protect them from income loss due to extended illness or accidental injury which requires ongoing physician’s care.  Short term disability payments are made on a weekly basis once approved. The waiting period is 29 calendar days.  On the 30th day short term disability for staff pays 60% of their income with a maximum benefit of $1,500 per week. The benefits are payable for a maximum of 22 weeks after the waiting period is complete.  Staff may use accrued sick and vacation time to keep their pay whole during the 29 day waiting period and to cover the difference in pay once the benefits starts. Please keep in mind, any amount that causes your earnings to exceed 100% of pre-disability earnings will cause the benefit amount to offset.

Faculty

Short term disability for benefit eligible faculty pays 100% during the 29 day waiting period, paid by Pacific University.  On the 30th day short term disability for benefit eligible faculty is paid at 60% of their income with a maximum benefit of $1,500 weekly for 22 weeks from LifeMap. The remaining 40%, depending on your pre disability earnings will be paid by the University. Please keep in mind the percentage from the University may vary depending on your pre disability earnings.