Under supervision of the Manager of Custodial Services and Lead Custodians, the Custodian (Hillsboro Campus) is responsible for performing basic cleaning and sanitation of campus facilities.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Sweep, mop and vacuum floors in offices, classrooms and residence halls. Dust and wipe down furniture, counters and fixtures.
- Sweep, clean, vacuum and extract carpets in offices, classrooms and residence halls.
- Clean walls, windows, lights fixtures and water fountains.
- Wipe down handrails and clean stairs.
- Empty waste baskets, large trash containers and ashtrays.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms in sanitary condition. Stock paper towels, toilet paper and soap dispensers.
- Responsible for working safely and maintaining a safe working environment.
Secondary Functions: Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Scope: Perform basic cleaning and sanitation of campus facilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to lift and carry loads of up to 30 lb. frequently and 50 lb. occasionally
- Ability to stoop, bend and twist frequently. Ability to crawl, kneel, reach over shoulder and climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for most of working shift
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, shifts and overtime as needed
- Ability to use vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners and other light cleaning power and manual equipment
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to maintain good relations with fellow co-workers, students, faculty and staff
- Ability to follow instructions regarding work assignments, chemical usage and safety instructions
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff and the public appropriate to the age of the individual served.
- Builds on basic learning and carries it from one situation to another.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision-making.
- Asks questions and seeks assistance.
- Takes responsibility to eliminate the source of problems.
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding information pertaining to all students, faculty and staff.
- Maintains proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee’s particular job.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Worker is primarily subject to indoor working environments with variable building temperatures.
- Worker is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather of all temperatures.
- Worker is subject to and exposed to cleaning chemicals on a regular basis.
Physical Activities: _x_Climbing _x_Balancing _x_Stooping _x_Kneeling _x_Crouching _x_Crawling _x_Reaching _x_Standing_x_Walking _x_Pushing _x_Pulling _x_Lifting _x_Fingering _x_Grasping _x_Feeling _x_Talking _x_Hearing _x_Repetitive motion
Physical Requirements: __Sedentary work __Light work __Medium work _X_Heavy work __Very Heavy work __Visual acuity
APPLICATION: Please email cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please name your documents as shown in the following example: (Example: Adams_Amy letter, Adams_Amy resume, Adams_Amy references). You may also mail your application materials to Human Resources/Pacific University, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116.
Application materials will be screened and interview candidates will be selected and notified. The hiring process normally consists of several interviews and can last several weeks depending on the position. Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and successful completion of a background check. If the position is posted on our job board at http://www.pacificu.edu/hr/employment/positions/index.cfm it is an available position and you may apply. No phone calls please.Pacific University was founded in 1849 with its historic campus in Forest Grove, and now includes campuses in Hillsboro, Portland and Eugene. With a rich liberal arts tradition in the College of Arts and Sciences and acclaimed Colleges of Education, Business, Health Professions and Optometry, Pacific University presents a distinctive combination of learning opportunities. The Forest Grove campus focuses on liberal arts, education and optometry offerings. Additional College of Education programs are offered at a satellite campus in Eugene. The Hillsboro Health Professions Campus offers professional programs in dental health (dental hygiene), gerontology, healthcare administration, occupational and physical therapy, pharmacy, professional psychology, optometry and physician assistant studies. Additional facilities in Portland support the clinical programs of the College of Optometry and the School of Professional Psychology. Pacific is committed to a tradition of service and support to the community, offering service learning, international education, internship, research opportunities and co-curricular activities to students and faculty. Approximately 3,300 students enjoy a rigorous academic experience, professors who love to teach and a warm, welcoming atmosphere where their lives unfold.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy | It is the policy of Pacific University not to discriminate on the basis of sex, physical or mental disability, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religious preference or disabled veteran or Vietnam Era status in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or any other classification protected under state or federal law, or city ordinance. Questions or complaints may be directed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116, email@example.com.