Annual Marketing Plans
As you put together your annual plans, marketing and communications may be a key component. We all work best when we plan ahead and make time to consider the possibilities. Assisting you with your marketing plans is what we do best in the Office of Marketing & Communications. Contact our Creative Director in the spring to discuss annual plans so that we can help you maximize your marketing budget for the upcoming fiscal year and create a successful plan to help you achieve your goals.
Even with advanced planning, unexpected marketing opportunities may arise. When this occurs, the Office of Marketing & Communications may be able to provide resources. Please note that throughout the year we generally work four to six weeks out, which means a project we take on will begin in four to six weeks. When there is a more immediate need, we can provide resource options, including branded templates that you can use to create materials within the university brand framework.
If you are planning an event, we encourage you to start with Conference and Event Support Services. If this is a major event with a large external audience, connect with us to discuss a marketing and communications plan, which could include a news release, calendar listings, advertising and more. It is always helpful to start early and to know your budget.
- News releases make sense for large externally focused events that might be of interest to media. News releases are developed in Marketing & Communications | Media Relations.
- For smaller events, you can submit information to online calendars. Please email Joe Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org for those tools you can use.
- Branded Templates are a great way for you to to create posters, fliers or postcards
- Branded email marketing can help you communicate. Contact us at email@example.com to see if email marketing is a good fit for you.
- In addition, we have a variety of publications that might be an option
- Our mix of tools also include social media. To request the promotion of a specific event on the official university channels, please email Sarah Creedican at firstname.lastname@example.org. Social media can be used to share information about events but is not used as a primary advertising tool.
- Photography and Multimedia can be an option for major events. For small events, connect with a member of your team or a photography or media arts student and consider using your own mobile device.