The following outline provides a guide for progressing through your academic program. The progression is organized according to the total credit hours completed.
Freshman (Less than 30 credit hours completed)
- Make appointment with academic advisor
- Attend career days held on campus
Sophomore (30-59 credit hours completed)
- Be on track with core requirements
- Investigate academic possibilities. It is required by the end of your sophomore year to declare your major.
- Attend major academic information meetings
- example: Sophomore Major Fest
Junior (60-89 credit hours completed)
- See your academic advisor about advanced degrees in your field of study
- Attend Junior Junction
Senior (90+ credit hours completed)
- Fill out "Apply for Graduation" form on Boxer Online the semester before you intend to graduate.
- Attend Count Down to Graduation which is normally in February.
- Complete and participate in Departmental surveys, senior exit interviews, and/or senior focus groups (check with your department and advisor)
- Complete your senior capstone project/recital/portfolio review (check with your department and advisor)
- Complete a placement file at the Career Development Center
- Complete testing (GRE, MAT, etc.) and application for graduate school admission