Explore towering volcanic cliffs, a meandering river flowing through a picturesque valley, and the cascade volcanoes of the Three Sisters rising up in the background. Camp under an incomparable sea of stars and experience the world-class climbing area that reinvented the sport of climbing.
Smith Rock provides easy routes as well as some of the hardest in the world, so we will find the perfect route for you! If you have never climbed outdoors before this is a great place to start, but you can also build your strength as a seasoned climber. This voyage not only includes four days of climbing at Smith Rock, but also one bonus day of floating down the Deschutes River.
- Cost of Attending: $325 (charged directly to student account)
- Gear List and Rental Costs (pdf)
August 15-20 Trip Logistics (Wave 3):
Times are subject to change.
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn.
- After Welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the University, this is a strong Pacific Tradition and a great photo op!
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Move in to dorms. Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators.
- Students with late night flights may fly in Aug. 15 and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email email@example.com by Aug. 1 if you need pick-up from the airport or train station.
4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Parent orientation (parents only)
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Welcome BBQ for students and parents
6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Pre-Trip meeting (students only)
- 8 a.m.: Trip Departure
All trips return August 20.