Forest Grove Campus
Pacific University is located in Forest Grove, Oregon, 22 miles west of downtown Portland. From Portland, the preferred route to campus is via Highway 26 (Sunset Highway), turning south at Banks (via Highways 6 and 47). The area map displays these routes.
From the North
Traveling southbound on Interstate 5, take the 405 exit West, follow signs and exit to Highway 26 West (ocean beaches/zoo).
From the South
Traveling northbound on Interstate 5, take 217 exit North, follow signs and exit to Highway 26 West.
From the East
Traveling westbound on Interstate 84, follow signs and exit to Interstate 5 southbound, follow signs to 405, and to Highway 26 West.
Then From Highway 26
Exit left onto Highway 6 (Tillamook/Banks), after driving 2 miles exit and turn right to Highway 47 south. Travel about six miles. Entering Forest Grove, turn right onto Sunset Drive at stoplight. Sunset Drive ends when it runs into campus. Turn right at the stop sign onto University Avenue. The next left is College Way, the main entrance to campus.
Tri-Met bus service can help you designate a route to the Pacific University campus: 503-238-7433, www.trimet.org.
The White Van Shuttle Service provides transportation from the Portland International Airport to the Pacific University campus: 503-774-9755.
Information about other ground transportation options is available at www.flypdx.com/Grnd_Trans.aspx.
Parking is available around the campus although you may not be able to park right next to the entrance of your residence hall or classroom.
All members of the Pacific University Community must register their vehicle at the Pacific Information Center (PIC) if parking in any University lot. You may fill out a Parking Permit Application (pdf) before coming to the PIC or please bring with you the following information:
- License Plate #
- Make and Model of the car
- 1st permit is $40.00
- 2nd permit is $5.00 (for students who drive more than 1 vehicle)
- Replacement for lost or stolen permit is $5.00.
For information regarding where to park please view the campus map (pdf).
- Special permits are available for visitors and overnight parking. Please visit the Pacific Information Center or Campus Public Safety to obtain a temporary parking permit.
- Parking Permits are valid for one year January to December. Please revalidate your permit in December or during the first two weeks of January. Everyone must revalidate including but not limited to students, staff and faculty.
Rules and Regulations
- Vehicles parked in a fire lane or handicapped spaces are subject to a citation and being towed at the expense of the owner/operator.
The City of Forest Grove conducts parking enforcement on public streets adjacent to the University.
The City of Forest Grove is establishing new parking time limitations on streets around campus beginning in August 05.
Please note that the City of Forest Grove is establishing new parking time limitations on several streets around Pacific University's campus beginning in August. "On-street parking" will be restricted to four hours maximum in the marked zone, 24 hours a day. The new time limitations will take place on 22nd Ave., Main St., 21st Ave., 21st Place, and University Ave. The new zones will be identified with "4-Hour Parking" signs and enforcement will begin when the new signs are installed. Fines for not adhering to the City ordinance will be consistent with the Forest Grove Parking Ordinance.
- Pacific parking policies are enforced with citations and fines. Any citation may be appealed within 10 calendar days of issuance.
Forms to appeal citations are available at:
- The PIC in the University Center
- The Student Life Office
- Parking Ticket Appeal Form (pdf)