Are you or is someone you know in crisis or experiencing an emergency situation?
You have several options.
During regular business hours (Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.):
- Call the Student Counseling Center at 503-352-2191. You may speak with a counselor or a counselor will call you back.
- Walk in to the Student Health or Counseling Center. A counselor will see as soon as possible.
- Use daily walk-in services at the Student Counseling Center, no appointment required. It is best if you arrive at the beginning of the hour to maximize time available.
- noon-1pm Monday-Friday at the Forest Grove Clinic
- 4-5pm Monday-Friday at the Hillsboro Clinic
NOTE: Outside of walk-in hours, emergency appointments are available the same day, while non-emergency appointments are generally available within a few days to two weeks.
After hours and on weekends:
County Crisis Lines are available 24/7. Crisis lines are free and confidential, and are staffed by professiona, trained counselors. They provide immediate support and crisis response. The majority of students report positive interactions and helpful staff on crisis lines. If you ever have an unhelpful experience, please ask to speak with a different counselor or the shift supervisor? You may report any concerns to the Director of the Student Counseling Center.
- Washington County Crisis Line: (Forest Grove & Hillsboro) 503-291-9111
- Lane Country Crisis Line: (Eugene) 541-687-4000
- Marion County Crisis Line: (Woodburn) 503-585-4949
- Multnomah County Crisis Line: (Portland) 1-800-716-9769 or 503-988-4888
Hawaii Crisis Lines:
- Oahu: 808-832-3100
- Kauai/Lanai/Molokai/Maui/Hawaii: 1-800-753-6879
- Crisis Text Line (24/7): Text "Go" to 471-471
- Call 911
Go to a local emergency room. The following are recommended if you can find transportation:
- Washington County: Providence St. Vincent
- Lane County: Sacred Heart
- Marion County: Salem Hospital
- If you live on campus in Forest Grove speak with a Resident Assistant or a Resident Director in your hall. You can reach a senior staff administrator during non-business hours at 503-352-2267. You may also contact Campus Public Safety at 503-352-2230. All of these support people have access to on-call Counseling Center staff.