Experience the Northwest like you never have before! This trip starts by throwing on a backpack and hiking through the gorgeous Central Oregon scenery. On this section of trail you will gain valuable skills by using a map and compass, cooking delicious meals together and sleeping under the stars.
Next, canoe down the unique Deschutes River, learning paddle skills to navigate the windy waterway. This trip can vary in the amount of time spent backpacking or canoeing, so keep your eyes open for updates!
- Cost of Attending: $325 (charged directly to student account)
- Gear Lists and Rental Costs (pdf)
August 15-20 Trip Logistics (Wave 3):
Times are subject to change.
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Check in at the West Lawn with Voyage Coordinators
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m: Welcome by Orientation and Voyage Staff on the West Lawn
- After Welcome, there is Sign, Shake and Ring with the president of the university, this is a strong Pacific tradition and a great photo op!
1 p.m. to 4 p.m: Move in to dorms. Students cannot move-in earlier unless approved by Coordinators.
- Students with late night flights may fly in Aug. 15 and have a midnight check-in. Please let us know ASAP if you are doing this.
- Please email email@example.com by Aug. 1 if you need pick-up from the airport or train station.
4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m: Parent orientation (parents only)
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m: Welcome BBQ for students and parents
6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m: Pre-Trip meeting (students only)
- 8 a.m: Trip Departure
All trips return Aug. 20.