2011-2012 Governance Accomplishments
The University Council, Faculty Senate and Staff Senate | Combined
· Approved new guidelines for standing University committees.
· Approved recommendations for individual University committees.
· Approved governance chart.
· Approved University Standards and Appeals Board Handbook language.
· Approved new University Diversity Committee.
· Approved new University Finance Committee (to replace Budget Advisory Committee, Benefits and Compensation Committee, Admissions and Financial Aid Committee).
· Approved restructure of Judicial Oversight Committee.
· Approved Curriculum and Standards Committee Handbook language.
· Approved University Personnel Committee Handbook and related sections of Chapter 4.
· Approved a new master of science in athletic training program.
· Approved a new healthcare compliance graduate certificate program.
· Approved revisions to the Intellectual Property Policy.
· Approved Resolution on Open Access and Authors’ Rights.
· Provided feedback to President Hallick on Vision 2020 and the Pacific University mission statement.
· Approved updates to University Handbook Chapter 3.
· Approved change in University Council membership.
· Approved restructure of Undergraduate Student Senate.
· Approved Health and Safety Committee Handbook Language.
· Approved change to FERPA policy.
· Identified future focus topics of Student Success and Retention and Sustainability (and the creation of the Center for a Sustainable Society).
· Amended bylaws
· Held the annual Fall Faculty Conference August 21, 2012. The meeting included a welcome by President Hallick, introductions of new administrators and new faculty, election of the 2013-2014 University Faculty Chair Elect, Faculty Senate Chair’s comments, and optional afternoon activities.
· Updated Handbook and Bylaws and submitted to University Council for approval.
· Clarified attendance requirements of Bylaws.
· Hosted Skillbuilder Sessions (Professional Development Committee), including Outlook and Calendaring, Vault, Spanish Speaking Computer Classes and Writing Letters of Recommendation.
· Hosted four all-staff meetings.
· Purchased and distributed Staff Senate mugs to encourage sustainability.
· Hosted the annual Halloween contest in October (Idea Committee).
· Coordinated the annual canned food drive in November (Idea Committee).
· Coordinated the “Little Christmas Tree” decorating contest in December (Idea Committee).
· Coordinated the annual Pancake Breakfast in February (Idea Committee).
· Sponsored the Human Resources Town Hall, increasing open dialog regarding job descriptions, compensation and update on ongoing process or comparability compensation process
· Partners with Pacific Dining Services to sponsor Boxer Boost, monthly coffee break with senators to foster communication.
· Worked with President’s Office to reorganize and clarify Staff Honors and Awards
· Welcomed 56 new employees with gift bags including a Pacific umbrella (Welcoming Committee).
· Sent out 455 staff birthday cards with free beverage provided by Aramark (Caring Committee).
· Sent a total of 47 cards to Pacific staff: six births, 18 deaths, one marriage, 22 illness/encouragement (Caring Committee).
Professional Student Senate
· Facilitated Interprofessional service learning by funding events such as the Nicaragua health promotions trip.
· Aided individuals during medical and financial harpships to help them maintain the financial ability to stay in their programs.
· Facilitated Interprofessional community by providing social events among programs.
· Assisted individual programs in advancing their profession in events such as hosting speakers and sending members to national conferences.