2011-2012 Individual Accomplishments
Gail Aamodt, Dental Health Science, received a Faith Gabelnick Award for Community Service of $875 for “Smile Care Everywhere.” She also:
· Co-wrote “Developing And Implementing An Interprofessional Course And Identifying Its Strengths And Challenges,” published in Health and Interprofessional Practice, 2012.
· Attended the Dental Public Health Educator’s Workshop, Albuquerque, N.M., September 2011.
· Co-wrote a poster, “Introducing A Longitudinal Multilayer Assessment Process To Evaluate An Interprofessional Course,” presented at the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy annual meeting, July 2012.
· Co-presented “Preparing Students For Independent Practice” at the ODHA annual meeting in Newberg, Ore.
· Serves as Component Trustee of the Washington County Dental Hygiene Association.
· Serves on the Clackamas County Dental Access Advisory Committee.
· Represents Pacific to Washington County Project Homeless Connection, Washington County Give Kids a Smile, Project Compassion and Hillsboro School District Student Transition Services.
Ed Alkalassy, Biology, presented “Do Students Change Their Health-Related Thinking Or Behavior After Taking A Course In Human Anatomy?” at the Oregon Academy of Sciences, Portland Community College. He also, with Pam Lopez, received a $10,379 Bureau of Reclamation/Washington County Parks grant to monitor the use of meadows by Roosevelt Elk at Scoggins Valley Park.
Doug Anderson, Art, had work accepted into the national juried show Utopias at the Cade Center for Fine Arts Gallery at Anne Arundel Community College and into the national juried show Petri Dish at the Target Gallery, Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, Va.
Erica Andree, World Languages, was elected to the board of the Confederation in Oregon for Language Teaching in May 2012. She also:
· Was re-selected for a third year to the Steering Committee of the Northwest Academic Computing Consortium Instructional Technology Roundtable.
· Presented, with Jann Purdy, “Evaluation, Selection And Implementation Of Supplemental CALL Program For Second Language Learning” at the Oregon Technology in Education Network Conference.
Mark Ankeny, Education, was appointed by Gov. Kitzhaber and confirmed by the Oregon Senate to serve on the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.
Jennifer Antick, Professional Psychology, co-wrote “Cognitive Behavior Therapy For Fibromyalgia: A Meta-Analysis,” presented at the annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science, Chicago. She also:
· Co-wrote a poster, “Psychologists’ Training, Attitudes, And Practice Behaviors Regarding Collaboration With Primary Care,” presented at the annual convention of the Western Psychological Association, Burlingame, Calif.
· Co-wrote “Finding Collaboration In Medical Care: Culture And Ethnicity In Hawaii,” presented at the annual convention of the Western Psychological Association, Burlingame, Calif.
· Co-presented “Assessing Client Strengths: A Rural Sample,” at the Annual Convention of the Western Psychological Association, Burlingame, Calif.
· Co-presented “Resilience And Fertility Problems,” at the annual convention of the Western Psychological Association, Burlingame, Calif.
· Provided services at OHSU School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, at Legacy Good Samaritan Weight Management Institute, and as a kidney donor advocate.