2011-2012 Individual Accomplishments
Ty Vo, Pharmacy, co-wrote “Assessing Baseline Knowledge Of Foundational Science Topics Prior To Starting Cardiovascular And Psychiatric Pharmacotherapy Courses,” in the American Journal of Pharmacy Education, 75(5), 2011. He also:
· Co-wrote “A Create-Your-Own Algorithm Activity to Help Students Apply Concepts and Select Patient-Specific Drug Therapy,” published in the American Journal of Pharmacy Education 75(5), 2011.
· Co-wrote “Simulating an APPE during a Capstone Course to Prepare Students for Rotation and Facilitate Self-Reflection,” in the American Journal of Pharmacy Education, 75(5), 2011.
Mary Von, Physician Assistant Studies, received a Pacific University Faculty Development Grant for “Cardiovascular Academy.” She also:
· Co-wrote “An Interdisciplinary Case Conference on Alzheimer’s disease: Teaching Students in the Health Professions to Work Together,” published in the Journal of Interprofessional Care, 2011, and presented at the Interdisciplinary Case Conference at Pacific University College of Health Professions, March 2012.
· Presented “Effective Clinician-Patient Communication: A Modified Block Curriculum for Health Professions Programs,” at the Association of Schools of Health Professions Annual Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz.
· Volunteers as a clinician at the Essential Health Clinic, where she was appointed to the Community Council.