About the Abbott Alumni Center
The purpose of the Abbott Alumni Center is to provide a permanent place on the campus of Pacific University for visitors, administrators, faculty, students, and alumni to meet and feel welcome.
This building was constructed during the tenure of President Faith Gabelnick, and her guidance and encouragement brought this project to completion. The superb help of Vice President Tim O'Malley, Alumni Director Amanda Terhes, and Dr. Willard Bleything made this possible.
"As donors, we are extremely proud and happy to see this facility a reality," said Ambassador S.L. Abbott '52, OD '53. "I am cognizant that this university gave me the foundation that allowed our family to prosper and succeed in reaching our goals. We feel that this same opportunity exists today for any student willing to accept the challenge."
Visiting the Abbott Alumni Center
The Abbott Alumni Center hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on week days. Alumni who wish to take advantage of Abbott Alumni Center services outside of normal business hours may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
- Alumni are welcome to sit in our comfortable living room seating area and pour over yearbooks and copies of the PU Stinker – we’ll even make you a cup of coffee if you’d like
- Many alumni who come to see us are visiting the Portland-area and hoping to connect with long-lost friends. We love facilitating those reunions.
- Alumni can stay for up to three nights free in one of our two guest rooms. Contact us at email@example.com to make your reservation.
- Couples can even tie the knot here at Abbott Alumni Center, provided the wedding is small. The building features a nice backyard patio and interior spaces are cozy, but quite lovely. Contact us to learn more information about availability, capacity and fees.
- If you haven’t been on campus in a few years, some of the buildings might look a little unfamiliar. We’re happy to provide campus tours and help you reorient yourself.
- Visitors interested in experiencing a meal in the University Center dining room can stop in to request a free meal pass
- Information and maps for exploring wine country and other sites in Washington County are available to visitors
- Wireless internet access is available throughout the building and we have a computer for guest use. We can even help you print your boarding pass or other materials when traveling.
- Finally Abbott Alumni Center is a great place to use as a home base as you’re trying to connect with others on campus. We’re happy to help you make those connections.
Learn more about the additional benefits for members of the Alumni Association.