History of the Alumni Association
The Alumni Association began in 1864 with the establishment of the “Society of Alumni.” Membership was open to allcollege-educated people in the area.
This offered a home on the west coast and encouraged participation and involvement in the advancement of what is now Pacific University.
In 1919, the Society of Alumni transitioned to include only graduates of Pacific University. This group became known as the X.P.U. Club. In 1924 the name changed to Associate Alumni of Pacific University. The intent was to aid the institution both in volunteer time and financial support through the Campaign for Endowment and Maintenance. In 1927, the name was changed to the Pacific University Alumni Association.
Today, the Alumni Association serves, and is served, by more than 23,000 alumni, a number that increases annually by approximately 1,000 new graduates.
Alumni gather across the United States and around the world, strengthening the Association and ultimately, the University.
Read more about the benefits members of the Alumni Association have available to them.