Transfer Equivalencies at Pacific

Course Equivalencies

Formal evaluations of transfer work are made only from official transcripts by the Registrar's Office. Please refer to a current Pacific catalog when considering specific course requirements or prerequisites.

Pacific operates on a semester basis; transfer courses accepted from a quarter system institution will be calculated at .67 of a semester hour. Pacific accepts graded courses of "C-" or better. Transfer grades are NOT calculated into the Pacific GPA.

Transfer courses which may be acceptable but not equivalent to a specific Pacific course are identified by:


  • "3TR" [upper division] in place of an actual course number, e.g. "ARTST-3TR"
  • The prefix "GE" stands for General Education and is used when no specific department prefix applies, e.g. "GE-2TR, GE-3TR"



There is no limit to the total number of transfer credits Pacific may accept; however degree-seeking students must meet Pacific’s residency requirement, which is

  • Students must also complete thirty of the last forty hours counted towards their degree at Pacific University.
  • Pacific accepts the Oregon Block Transfer AA degree as meeting junior standing, just for financial aid purposes, and satisfying University Core requirements with the exception of Pacific's Foreign Language and Cornerstone Core requirements. Pacific also accepts the Washington State equivalent of the Oregon Block Transfer AA degree with the same provisions.
  • Questions about applying transfer courses to a specific major should be referred to the Department Chair in that discipline.
  • Students seeking credit from international institutions must provide an official credential evaluation in English from a Pacific-approved credential evaluation service.
  • Official transfer equivalency reports are based on official transcripts and generated through the Registrar's Office at the time a student is admitted. Please contact the Admissions Office for further information.