Biology Department: Lisa Sardinia
Associate Professor of Biology
Office: Strain 306
Voice: (503) 352-2729
Fax: (503) 352-2933
- B.S. Biology, 1979, Whitworth College, Spokane, WA
- Ph.D. Microbiology, 1985, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- J.D. 1996, University of California-Hastings College of Law, San Francisco, CA
- Biol 170: Human Genetics
- Biol 204: General Biology II
- Biol 304: Experimental Design, Analysis and Writing
- Biol 308: Microbiology
- Biol 400: Molecular Biology
- Biol 490: Capstone Experience
Student Research Projects
- Mike Yi, 2002 Chemical analysis and antimicrobial effects of acid replacement system water and Supersauce water.
- Megan Null, 2000 Determining the effect of essential oils on human lung carcinoma cells.
- Tammy Takamoto, 2000 Effects of traditionally used Hawaiian and Mexican medicinal plants on the growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Lori Kim, 2000 The inhibitory effects of Naupaka kahakai extracts on various pathogenic microorganisms.
- Julie Mitchell. 2000. Can essential oils effectively fight Group B streptococcal infections? Funded by the Murdock Charitable Trust.
- Holly Starks. 1999-2000. The effect of essential oils on the growth of Burkholderia cepacia and human lung epithelial cells. Funded by the Murdock Charitable Trust.
- Kate Finegan. 1999. Development of resistance of fleas to Advantage.
- Jennifer Harrington. 1999-2000. The effect of traditionally used plant products on the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Funded by the Murdock Charitable Trust.
- Rachel Wrublik. 1999. The effect of essential oils on the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Funded by the Murdock Charitable Trust.
- Amanda Moehring. 1997. A Serpent in Eden: Ethical Genetics and Huntington'sDisease. Senior Honor's Thesis.
- Shawnda Sewell. 1997. The Death Penalty: The Past or the Future?
- Erin Lamb. 1997. Inhibition of pathogenic bacteria by traditional herbal remedies.
Publications and Abstracts
- Sardinia, L.M. 2001. Jellyfish. In Life Sciences, Salem Press.
- Sardinia, L.M. 2001. Bioluminescence. In Life Sciences, Salem Press.
- Sardinia, L.M. 2000. Americans with Disabilities Act. In Aging, Salem Press.
- Sardinia, L.M. 2000. Durable Power of Attorney. In Aging, Salem Press.
- Sardinia, L.M. 2000. Rhinophyma. In Aging, Salem Press.
- Harrington, J.M. and L.M. Sardinia. 1999. Effect of traditionally used medicinal plant extracts on the growth of pathogenic bacteria. International Conference on Ethnomedicine and Drug Discovery, Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Wrublik, R. and L.M. Sardinia. 1999. The effect of essential oils on the growth of pathogenibacteria. Eighth Regional Conference on Undergraduate Research of the Murdock College Science Research Program, McMinnville, Oregon.
- Sardinia, L.M. and P.A. Leland. 1993. Temperature-induced encystment of Colpoda inflata. American Society for Microbiology Annual Meeting. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Sardinia, L.M., J.N. Engel and D. Ganem. 1989. A chlamydial gene encoding a 70-kilodalton antigen in E. coli: Analysis of expression signals and identification of the gene product. J. Bacteriol. 171:335-341.
- Sardinia, L.M., E. Segal and D. Ganem. 1988. Developmental regulation of the cysteine-rich outer membrane proteins of murine Chlamydia trachomatis. J. Gen. Microbiol. 134:997-1004.