Scholarships for Study Abroad (semester-length programs)
Thinking of applying for a scholarship? Give it a try! Recently a Pacific student did just that, and it paid off. Quynh Quach received a Fund for Education Abroad scholarship to study abroad at Kansai Gaidai University during Spring 2012. Check out her story here. Also several past Pacific students have been awarded the Gilman Scholarship.
Scholarships that may be especially attractive for Pacific students are:
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - students going on short-term travel courses can also apply for this scholarship
- Boren Scholarship Program
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia
- Fund for Education Abroad
The most comprehensive listing of scholarships can be found at the web site of the Institute for International Education.
Most of these scholarships require detailed applications to be completed several months prior to the start of a program, so advance planning is essential.