National Parliamentary Debate (NPDA)
In this style of debate the proposition team must affirm the resolution by presenting and defending a sufficient case for that resolution. The opposition team must oppose the resolution and/or the proposition team's case. If, at the end of the debate, the judge believes that the proposition team has supported and successfully defended the resolution, they will be declared the winner, otherwise the opposition will be declared the winner. Introduction of new arguments is appropriate during all constructive speeches.
- First Proposition Constructive Speaker: 7 minutes
- First Opposition Constructive Speaker: 8 minutes
- Second Proposition Constructive Speaker: 8 minutes
- Second Opposition Constructive Speaker: 8 minutes
- Opposition Rebuttal by First Speaker: 4 minutes
- Proposition Rebuttal by First Speaker: 5 minutes