School of Audiology - About Us
The primary goal of the School of Audiology is to graduate outstanding audiologists, ready to assume autonomous professional responsibilities in a variety of practice settings, including private practices, medical centers and clinics, and other diverse settings.
To achieve this goal, the faculty members strive to offer a curriculum that prepares students across the audiology scope of practice through a combination of rigorous, didactic courses and critical clinical experiences that work together to integrate comprehensive knowledge and skills. The curriculum is further enhanced with a rich framework of collegial interprofessional collaboration, evidence driven practice, highly professional and ethical behavior, and a team-based learning environment that supports critical thinking and professional communication.
As a School, we are committed to fostering among our students a spirit of life-long professional learning, a commitment to service, and a desire to contribute to the advancement of the profession. Further, as part of our mission, we are also committed to developing healthcare programs that serve underserved communities and improve the lives of those in our region.
- February 2014, The Hearing Journal: "Editorial: So Many Ears and So Few Audiologists"
- August 2013, Washington Monthly: "Washington Monthly Ranks Pacific University High Among its Peers"
- November 2013, Portland Tribune: "Pacific students bring services in house"
- August 2012, OregonLive: "Pacific University's School of Audiology closes in on inaugural school year"
- May 2012, Forest Grove News Times: "Pacific hearing center modeled on eye clinic"
- May 2012, Pacific University: "School of Audiology seeks public input at hearing set for May 31"
- April 2012, The Hearing Journal: "Is the Road to an AuD Worth the Trip?"
- April 2012, Hearing Review: "'Audiologist' Named Again in the Top 10 Best Jobs List for 2012"
- September 2011, Oregonlive.com: "Victoria Keetay to direct Pacific University's new School of Audiology"