Time To Apply for June Internship with MFA in Writing Program
The application deadline for the MFA in Writing June residency internship is April 12. The internship will take place June 20-30 on the Forest Grove campus. Room and many meals are included. Interns receive a $500 stipend.
The Master of Fine Arts in Writing program invites applications from Pacific undergraduates to work as interns at the MFA June residency. This 10-day conference is packed with lectures, craft talks, readings and more, offering undergraduate students a unique opportunity to meet professional writers and learn about the craft of writing.
Intern Duties Include:
- Driving Pacific vans around Forest Grove and possibly to the airport. (We will consider allowing students to be interns who may not have a driver’s license or who are not comfortable driving.)
- Organizing and distributing handouts
- Providing water for readings and talks
- Helping students and faculty move into and out of the residence halls
- Cleaning and setting up rooms for craft talks and workshops
- Setting up AV equipment
- Running miscellaneous errands
1) Applicants must send a letter of interest – Students should send a two-paragraph letter of interest to Colleen Sump in the MFA office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The first paragraph should state why this opportunity would be good for the student as a writer/scholar. The second paragraph should describe the student’s background or any particular skills that would be valuable. Students should include the name of their academic advisor.
2) Deadline – Letters of interest are due by April 12, 2013.
3) Interview – Applicants will be asked to come for a short interview.
4) Selection – If the number of recommended applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, the MFA will send the list to the MFA Board to help make the final choice.
5) Credit – Students have the opportunity to earn two ENGW credits. In addition to working the entire residency, students will be required to write a reflective paper and narrative resume. Credits will be awarded as “pass” or “no pass.” Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.7 to be eligible to earn internship credits.
Posted by Colleen Sump (email@example.com) on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM