A wide range of careers in business or graduate school awaits students majoring in business administration at Pacific University. Students may choose to pursue a general degree in business administration, integrated business, or they may elect to focus on a specific area of concentration, including accounting, international business or marketing. The Business Scholars program also offers the option of an intensive three-year degree for some students.
New College of Business
A new College of Business was formally established at Pacific University on July 1, 2013. The mission of the College of Business is to educate enlightened leaders who foster imaginative and entrepreneurial organizations.
A wide range of careers in business or graduate school awaits students majoring in business administration at Pacific University. The Department of Business Administration strives to develop broadly educated individuals who are flexible, skilled at solving problems, possess a diversity of viewpoints and are responsive to rapidly changing environments. Students work with academic advisors in the department to design a customized selection of elective courses that best fit their interests. They may elect a specific area of concentration, such as accounting, international business, management or marketing, or chose to focus on a general degree in business administration.
- Development of skills in critical thinking, problem solving and writing
- Development of technical competency, oral communication, quantitative reasoning, ethics, and library and information literacy
- A highly interactive and engaging classroom environment which fosters lasting relationships between students and their professors
- Substantial academic and career guidance, as well as a focus on the importance of international study experiences, research and student presentations
- Diverse off-campus internship opportunities in Oregon and across the country
Course work reflects the mission of the Department of Business Administration to develop graduates with the skills to effectively and efficiently manage organizations with responsible leadership. The department offers an unique and highly supportive learning environment, characterized by a relevant contemporary curriculum taught by engaged, highly respected and caring faculty.
Boxer Tale Video Features College of Business Founding Dean Howard Smith
City of Cornelius Rebranding Project, Cornelius, the small city just east of Forest Grove, was in a quandary. With a new Wal-Mart coming to town and other growth anticipated, the city needed to modernize its brand, but lacked the $50,000 and up rebranding experts charge.
Find Out More