If you're a human being, I guarantee you have experienced stress. So what can you do? There are three levels of change that can happen.
There is an OASIS!
Pacific University has a unique relaxation space that is FREE for students, staff and faculty. The Oasis room is located in the basement of the UC (next to the mail room), and is available for self-service use by checking out the key at the PIC. You will need to leave your Boxer ID or Driver's license to use the space. The Oasis offers:
- Relaxation audio
- Yoga mat, space, and video
- Massage chair
- Relaxing music
- Soothing aromatherapy candles
- meditation space
- Light therapy
For more information on how to control the stress in your life, please see the following pages:
- Stress Relief: This is what you do to calm down in the moment. See our relaxation exercises on this page for more tips
- Stress management: This is what you do to rearrange your schedule so that you have enough time to do everything. Included here are time management tips and efficiency tips.
- Life management: This is what you do when there are literally not enough hours in the day. Maybe it's time to drop a class, quit your job, or finally address some of your mental health concerns. Your advisor and/or the University Counseling Center can help you here.