The participating Pacific University Graduate and Professional Programs include the followingDoctor of Audiology
Doctor of Occupational Therapy
Doctor of Optometry
Doctor of Pharmacy
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Master of Speech-Language Pathology
Dental Health Science
- HPE 190 – Fall of the first year
- Apply to the Advantage Program – January of the first year
- HPE 290 – Spring of the first year
- HPE 390 – Fall of the second year
- Apply to the Graduate or Professional Program of choice – during the second year within the timeline designated by each individual program
- Interview – Dates to be determined by program
- Complete Senior Year
- Complete the curriculum appropriate for their profession of interest
- Pass HPE 190: Passport in Health Professions Education (1 credit, fall of first year)
- Pass HPE 290: Intro to Clinical Practice (1 credit, spring semester second year)
- Pass HPE 390: Managing the Graduate School Application Process (1 credit, fall semester third year)
- Maintain cumulative 3.2 GPA; (Must be accomplished by the completion of HPE 290 in order to be eligible to enroll in HPE 390)
- Regularly attend Advantage Program events
- Complete academic advising; including course planning
One of the requirements of the program is to maintain a cumulative 3.2 GPA in order to continue with successful status as an Advantage Scholar. Theses guidelines indicate that a cumulative 3.2 GPA must be achieved upon completion of HPE 290. In the event that you are not able to achieve a cumulative 3.2 GPA upon completion of HPE 290, you will no longer maintain your status as an Advantage Scholar.
Students may appeal this decision to the Faculty Advantage Coordinator in the event that it should occur.
Please note: In the event that you receive a successful appeal decision, please note that, in order to receive a guaranteed interview with either the College of Health Professions or with the College of Optometry, you must have a cumulative 3.2 GPA at the time of submitting your application.
Transfer Student Timeline
Transfer students and current students with junior standing will be eligible to become Advantage Scholars, but they may be required to complete work out of sequence from that of students who enter the program as freshman.
Note: This timeline applies to students who transfer to Pacific University with an amount of credits that place them in the equivalent of their junior year.
Transfer students who have less than junior credit standing will need to speak with the Advantage Coordinator regarding the most appropriate timeline.
Maintaining Advantage Scholar Status
In order to successfully maintain the status of an Advantage Scholar (with eligibility for early decision for admission to Pacific graduate and professional programs), Advantage Scholars will be required to
Learn more about the requirements for the Advantage Program and the application process.