Work-Study Paperwork

Before students may begin working, they need to visit the Career Development Center and obtain a Work Authorization form. Further instructions are on the form and will be explained by career staff.

Though application procedures vary slightly among departments, many require the Work Study Job Application form available below. Students may be able to expedite the hiring process by downloading and completing this ahead of time and making a few copies for prospective employers.

Work-Study Job Application Form.pdf



After students have secured a position, and before they may start working, they must complete an I-9 form to verify eligibility to work in the U.S. The I-9 may be obtained in the Career Development Center and completed with assistance from career staff; information on documentation needed to do so is contained in the document below.

Students must also complete a W-4 form to ensure proper tax withholdings from their checks. This form is also downloadable here and should be completed and turned in at the Career Development Center.

Required Forms I9 and W4.pdf



After students are hired into a Work-Study position, their supervisors will issue them an electronic time card workbook to track their hours for each month of the school year.  Time cards must be completed and approved by supervisors to be submitted to Human Resources on the last day of the month.  Questions about the electronic time card process should be directed to Theresa Floyd in the Human Resources department at 503-352-2210

To preview the electronic time card, click on this link.