Paper Reduction on Campus
The following ideas are intended to help you reduce paper use on campus.
Email signature suggestions to encourage paper reduction:
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Do I really need to print this email?
- Can I double-side?
- Print this on scrap paper (if you need) and make my day!
- Did you order green today?
- Please use both sides.
- Save resources, save money.
Top 10 things Faculty Can Do to Reduce Paper
- Provide language in your syllabus regarding electronic copies or double siding.
- Use 10pt. font in creating documents.
- Make your top and bottom margins 0.5 in (and right and left too).
- Use scrap paper for class handouts.
- Send students handouts/assignments electronically.
- When sending print jobs to service center, request printing on scrap jobs.
- Ask your office administrator to fill one tray with non-confidential scrap paper for reuse.
- Use course reserves in the library instead of making copies for all students.
- Encourage students to reuse paper on draft copies.
- Save all non-confidential one sided paper for reuse.