Recycling on Campus
At Pacific we use the commingled recycling system. Acceptable items include:
- scrap metal
- mixed office paper
- glossy paper (ex, magazines)
- aluminum cans
- plastics #'s 1-7
- milk and juice cartons
Common contaminants found on campus:
- Coffee cups
- Food contaminated containers
- Food wrappers (candy, power bars)
- Paper towels
- Office supplies (ex: padded bubble wrap mailing envelops, transparencies, photo paper)
- Plastic lids from bottles (water, soda)
- Plastic bags
- Label backing from stickers
- Plastic wrap
- Packing materials (Styrofoam*, packing peanuts**, tissue paper, and hard plastic packaging)
- Inkjet and toner printer cartridges and photocopier cartridges***
Please do NOT place these items in recycling bins on campus.
If you need a commingled or glass bin or recycling signs or stickers, please contact Doug Martin, 503-352-2132.
*Chad Toomey of the Outback has volunteered to take Styrofoam to a local recycling center-please send bagged Styrofoam blocks to him in the Outback.
**Packing peanuts can be reused by local shipping outlets-the UPS store across from campus will take clean peanuts.
***These are refilled and remanufactured separately through UIS or Office Depot (send through intercampus mail to UIS).