Affiliations & Partnerships
In 2007, Pacific University joined university and college presidents around the world in signing the Talliores Declaration.
In 2010, Pacific University joined the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (ASHE). In a recent self-evaluation using the ASHE rating system, Pacific earned a bronze rating. This designation indicated the University was headed in the right direction and also identified steps the University could take to join gold-rated institutions. Among those steps are the installation of a number of sortable recycling bins on the Forest Grove campus (completed Summer 2012) and the development of an award to recognize an academic or administrative department for excellence in sustainability practices.
- The EverGreen Committee, the goal of which is to provide educational resources for home-based sustainable practices for Pacific University students, staff and faculty, as well as the community at large. The committee maintains the Free Box, a collection of reusable office supplies, in the Milky Way. For a current list of current Free Box contents, contact Windy Stein. To join the “Greenies,” sign up for the listserv at email@example.com.
- B Street Club is a student group that promotes the continued development of the B Street Permaculture Project through community action, awareness and events, such as a harvest festival and bake sale.
- The Center for Civic Engagement connects Pacific students, faculty and staff members with the community to serve the common good and facilitate learning.
- Circle K is the college-level branch of the community service organization, Kiwanis.
- Environmental and Civic Action (ECA) Core is a collaboration of student clubs focused on environmental and/or social issues on campus and throughout the world. The goal is to share resources and help support the efforts of all to create stronger programs and events focusing on sustainable changes.
- Pacific For The Dignity of Animals is a student group that promotes the human treatment of all animals: domestic, farm and wild. The group works with animals at farm sanctuaries, organizes potlucks and social events and gives out free vegan and vegetarian food.
- Students for a Democratic Society is a student group advocating democracy.
- Students for Environmental Awareness is a student group dedicated to increasing environmental awareness on campus.