Pre-CSD Club/ National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA) Pacific University Chapter
The Pre-Communication Sciences and Disorders (Pre-CSD) Club was formed at Pacific University for students interested in the professions of Speech Language Pathology or Audiology. The goal is to provide members various opportunities that will either deepen their interests in the professions or provide them with experiences that will help them pursue a field of study they are passionate about.
The Pre-CSD Club is involved throughout the campus and in the community of Forest Grove. The Club tries to provide as many volunteering opportunities as possible, as well as activities that will help promote this club's purpose. Members are always encouraged to share new ideas of possible activities or services on campus and in the community.
Members of the Pre-CSD Club also have the option of joining the Pacific University Chapter of the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA).
Pacific University is included among the list of recognized programs supporting the academic and pre-professional interest of students who are engaged in the study of communication sciences and disorders. As a new chapter in good standing with the national association, the Pacific University chapter is eligible to receive the following benefits of affiliation:
- A 10% discount on ten or more NSSLHA products and publications purchased from http://www.nsslha.org/NSSLHA/career.htm
- A complimentary subscription to Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders (CICSD), the association’s journal, and NSSLHA Now, the association’s newsletter
- A complimentary subscription to the ASHA Leader
- Complimentary advertising in NSSLHA’s monthly e-mail announcements to chapters and student members
- Eligibility for McKinley Regional Project Grant and Community Service Grant funding to facilitate educational and community outreach projects at your university
- Eligibility for the NSSLHA Chapter Ambassador’s Program during the NSSLHA Day at the ASHA Convention. Chapters may receive up to a $1,000 stipend for their selection and participation
- Recognition for NSSLHA Chapter of the Year Honors, NSSLHA Chapter Advisor of the Year Honors, and/or the eligibility of individual members to be nominated for NSSLHA Member Honors or to openings on the NSSLHA Executive Council
- Recognition of fundraising efforts in support of the "NSSLHA Loves" Campaign
- Chapter development resources (NSSLHA membership applications, recruitment posters, and chapter handbooks) to recruit local and national members to further strengthen your chapter
- Permission to use the attached NSSLHA logo on advertising and promotional materials
We strongly encourage members to apply for or renew NSSLHA membership; details on a number of the advantages and benefits of NSSLHA membership can be found here: http://www.nsslha.org/join/memberbenefits.htm
If you are interested in joining the Pre-CSD club or obtaining more information, please feel free to e-mail the Pre-CSD Club President: Kristen Dierick email@example.com