About Dental Health Science
What You Can Expect
The School of Dental Health Science (DHS) at Pacific University offers a Bachelor's of Science in Dental Hygiene.
This program includes two years of dental health courses completed at Pacific University, following completion of required prerequisite coursework.
At the School of Dental Health Science
- You will find faculty who care deeply about the learning process and are committed to your success in the program.
- You will enjoy a broad educational experience which emphasizes communication skills, critical thinking, cultural awareness, community service, and professional leadership.
- You will learn in a supportive environment which embraces creativity, flexibility, and diversity.
- You will study in state-of-the-art classroom and clinical facilities at our Health Professions Campus along with graduate students in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Professional Psychology, Pharmacy and Healthcare Administration.
- You will provide care to diverse patient populations in our 16-chair Dental Health Clinic which provides dental health services to the community with special emphasis on patients who have limited access to dental care.
- You will complete clinic enrichment experiences in a variety of healthcare settings which include a dental school, public health clinic, community hospital, Indian Health Services dental clinic, managed care clinics and a long-term care facility.
- You will have a unique opportunity for interdisciplinary study with students and faculty in Pacific University's other professional programs and through a broad range of community affiliations.