You've chosen your program, so now it's time to review the admissions requirements, prepare your material, and apply!
Listed below are the application requirements for each program. Please review this material carefully along with the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Admissions page. In order to meet application deadlines, it is important to start early by scheduling your tests, contacting your references, ordering your transcripts, and preparing your resume and essay.
Application material may be submitted separately. Transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation/evaluation may be sent directly to Pacific University's College of Education from their sources. However, your application will not be reviewed until it is complete.
If you have questions at any time during the admissions process, please contact the College of Education Admissions Office at teach@pacificu. We look forward to assisting you!
Completed application form
- College of Education Online Application
- College of Education Online Application (Old CollegeNet version)
- Forest Grove Undergraduate Application (pdf) For current Pacific students. Note: Transfer students not already admitted to Pacific University should contact the Pacific University Admissions office.
- TSPC Character Questionnaire (pdf)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Letters of Evaluation (pdf)
- Resume including employment history, licenses and certifications (if appropriate), experiences with children/youth of the age you wish to teach, and education history (include degrees held)
- $35 dollar application fee (waived for Pacific University graduates and EL-STEM Applicants).
- For Undergraduate applicants: Two letters of recommendation, one from an advisor or instructor and one from someone who has observed you interacting with children
For MAT 5th Year, MAT Flex MAT STEM/ESOL, and Special Education applicants: Three letters of recommendation, one from each of the following:
- Someone who has observed you working with youth
- A professor who had you as a student
- An employer or supervisor
- For EL-STEM ESOL Endorsement Program applicants: One letter of recommendation from an administrator or supervisor
- For Advanced Program applicants: Two letters of recommendation, from school administrators, evaluators, or peer teachers, addressing the applicant's professional teaching abilities, relationships with students and staff, and attitudes about improvement of teaching
- For MAT 5th year, MAT Flex, MAT STEM/ESOL and Undergraduate applicants: A two page essay on an educational topic or issue of your choice
- For Special Education applicants: An essay addressing personal and professional goals as a special educator
- For Advanced Program applicants: an essay addressing an aspect of teaching on which you wish to concentrate on in a professional development program
- Copy of current or expired teaching license (if applicable)
- Proof of admission to Pacific University (Forest Grove undergraduate applicants only)
Diana Watkins | Associate Director of Graduate & Professional Admissions | Forest Grove & Woodburn
503-352-1435 | email@example.com
Tracy Conaghan | Assistant Director of Graduate & Professional Admissions | Eugene
541-485-6812 | firstname.lastname@example.org