Pacific University’s international studies major emphasizes four international areas — the Spanish-speaking world, Asia, Europe, and economic and political policy. The program takes a multifaceted approach to subject matter and integrates classroom theory with an abundance of experiential and international learning opportunities.
- Take advantage of five different French programs available in Paris, Lyon, Poitiers, Avignon and Montpellier. Enjoy home stays with families or apartment sharing with French students.
- Study at any of 11 universities in Germany
- Study at one of four sister-schools in Japan, and live in an international dormitory or with a Japanese family
- Study Spanish language and literature, anthropology, business administration, science, social sciences and engineering in Ecuador, Chile and Spain
- Study in the United Kingdom and Ireland
Each focus area provides majors with a multidisciplinary background in a language and culture area. Courses relevant to each focus area include language studies, history and culture, plus related courses in areas such as political science, psychology, science, humanities and research. International studies students will develop strong written and oral communication skills, they will complete an original senior thesis and they will learn to speak, read and write in a second or third language.
International studies students at Pacific University develop the knowledge and skills necessary for rewarding and successful careers in such fields as law, diplomacy, education, international research and the globalized marketplace of business and economics.