- Gain a solid academic foundation built upon studies in music theory and analysis, music history from ancient to post-modern eras, and performance opportunities in both classical and jazz idioms
- Receive individualized performance instruction with campus faculty and adjunct instructors
- Enjoy a 400-seat recital hall, a piano lab with Kawai electronic units, a Mac-based MIDI lab, practice rooms with pianos, a percussion studio and rehearsal space that replicates the recital hall
- Perform in a wide range of ensembles, including Concert Choir, Chamber Singers, Symphonic Band, Philharmonic Orchestra, Jazz Band, the Boxer Rebellion pep band and others
- Travel with performance groups to locations such as Hawai’i, New York, Washington, D.C., and Europe
- Apply for music scholarships that are available to all students and do not require that recipients be music majors or minors.
The range of music courses offered at Pacific University allows any student to participate in music education and performance, regardless of skill level. Classes focus on different music genres, histories and practices, and demonstrate connections between people, music and the world around us. Music performance courses are offered in composition, voice, piano and other instruments with campus faculty or adjunct instructors from the Oregon Symphony and the greater Portland area.
Our graduates are freelance musicians, private and public music teachers, choir and church music directors, Fulbright Scholars, graduate students and professional musicians.