The Pacesetters Scholarship Competition is an opportunity for academically talented high school students to earn up to $20,000 ($5,000 per year for all four years) in additional scholarship money by demonstrating their exceptional abilities with Pacific's faculty members. RSVP Today!
Monday, Feb. 2, 2015
The first thing you should know is that everybody wins at Pacesetters. If you participate in the entire event, you are guaranteed between $2,000 and $5,000 in annual Pacesetters scholarships in addition to previously awarded merit scholarships. Our two highest scoring Pacesetters competitors will receive a full-tuition scholarship for all four years.
Parents and students will learn more about Pacific while interacting with faculty about specific academic programs, connecting with current students, enjoying lunch, and having financial aid and student services questions answered.
Students have one hour to complete an exam designed by Professors from disciplines across the college. While you are completing your exam, you will also be introduced to some of the areas that you may be studying when you join us at Pacific. The exam includes multiple-choice questions, logic questions and essay questions.
- A minimum $8,000 scholarship ($2,000 annually) to every student who attends the competition
- As much as $20,000 ($5,000 annually) based on exam scores
- A full-tuition scholarship to the two highest-scoring Pacesetters competitors
- Participants traveling more than 300 miles may have up to $350 of the student's airfare reimbursed if they attend one of these days and enroll at Pacific. The Office of Admissions will provide details with your reservation information.
To Qualify for this Event You Must
- Be a high school senior with an academically strong profile
- Apply, be admitted to Pacific and RSVP for the event by late January
- Be available to participate the entire event day
How to Reserve Your Spot
Apply to Pacific University Oregon and RSVP for Pacesetters in order to be considered to participate! Seats for this event are limited. We usually have to close registration early for these events due to being at capacity. Even if you haven't applied to Pacific University, we want you to reserve your spot for one of the six Pacesetters Days. You can reserve your spot by registering for the event and selecting the "I haven't applied yet" button when you fill out the form. Once you apply and have submitted all of the documents that are needed to be accepted, our admissions counselors will look at your academic profile to determine if you qualify for the event. Note: Not all students who register for the event will qualify to attend.
You can access the registration form here.
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at 800-677-6712 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at this fantastic scholarship event!