At the completion of the program, students will:
- Understand the myths, realities, and their own biases related to the physical, mental, and social aspects of aging;
- Utilize an evidence based approach to providing services/care to older adults;
- Integrate effective communication and educational strategies appropriate for the individual sensory impairments and health literacy levels of the older adults they serve;
- Act as an advocate for older adults and increase public awareness of needs and services; &
- Be empowered to create change in their work environment.