Pacific University Student Health Center

Pacific University

Student Injury/Illness Protocol



  1. In a medical emergency, call 911.  Do not move the injured or ill student unless more harm will be incurred by keeping them stationary (e.g. risk of fire/burns/falling debris/etc.).  Stay with the injured or ill person(s) and provide basic first aid within your scope of training as indicated by the situation.
  2. If uncertain as to whether injury is an emergency (for example, in case of a person who has fainted, fallen, head trauma, burns, severe cut), you may call 911 for assessment and possible transport.  Emergency personnel will asses the student and give recommendations.  There is no charge to patient unless they are transported by ambulance.
  3. Notify Campus Public Safety 503-352-2230 at Forest Grove Campus and 503-352-7207 at Hillsboro Campus.
  4. If the injury is not severe but medical attention is needed, proceed to an urgent care or emergency room.  You may also contact the Student Health Center @ 503-352-2269 for assistance with triage questions and availability of services.

        Locations of local facilities include:

    Tuality Forest Grove Hospital

     1809 Maple St, Forest Grove – phone: 503-359-6180

    Tuality Hillsboro Hospital

     335 SE 8th Ave, Hillsboro-phone: 503-681-1111

    Tanasbourne Medical Plaza Urgent Care

     1885 NW 185th Ave., Aloha – phone: 503-216-9360

    Tuality Aloha Urgent Care

           17175 SW TV Hwy, Aloha – phone: 503-681-4223

After the Injury:

Once the situation has fully stabilized, the student must complete a Student Accident/Incident Analysis form which is available below (click to open and download to a printer).


The completed form should be returned to the Campus Public Safety office, UC A-100.

Student Accident/Incident Analysis forms are reported (with the student name omitted for confidentiality) to the Health and Safety Advisory Committee for review and discussion of prevention and corrective action planning with regards to campus safety issues.

Any medical expenses incurred as a result of the injury should be billed to the student’s personal insurance carrier.


If a student is injured while working for the University, they should follow the protocol for injured employees.  All job related injuries or illnesses must be reported immediately to your supervisor and Campus Public Safety.  The Human Resource office (x2860) will explain your responsibilities and assist you in completing the necessary paperwork.