American Language & Culture
The ELI American Language & Culture Program is a special program for groups with students who want to:
- improve their English communication skills.
- practice everyday vocabulary and learn phrases common in English.
- better understand US American people and culture.
- combine classes with trips and activities all about American Language & Culture.
The American Language & Culture classes:
- are at Pacific University's Forest Grove campus.
- are in the mornings and include a lot of activities, such as topic talks, group discussions, informal presentations, cultural readings, and writing practice for everyday English.
- can also include practice and materials for academic English skill practice.
- give students many chances to practice their new English skills on and off campus.
- can include day field trips that are about topics and activities presented in class.
If you are interested in making a special program with us for your group, contact the English Language Institute. Please provide the following information: (a) special program needs, (b) tentative dates, and (c) potential number of students.