Like other Pacific University students, ELI students have access to everything on campus including:
- the new Center for Languages and International Collaboration (CLIC), a computer and multi-media space to study language.
- the environmentally friendly Silver LEED-certified library.
- a variety of sports fields and facilities in the spirit of the Boxer.
- student activities, such as Noon Tunes and Pacific's Birthday Party.
- campus-wide events, such as the annual Lū‘au and Homecoming.
- International Club for students to learn more about the many nationalities & cultures that makeup Pacific University.
- Pacific Outback, a student services program that puts together many trips and activities during fall, winter, and spring. Trips and activities include kayaking, snow shoeing, mountaineering, and many more.
Watch this campus video tour to see more about Pacific University.
For ELI Students
The ELI has a Conversation Partner Program. This program is optional, but highly recommended because:
- it helps ELI students improve their speaking and listening skills.
- it matches each ELI student who joins the program with a native English speaking student.
- it makes it easy to make friends on campus and do some fun activities with native English speaking students.
- it gives ELI students a chance to meet with their conversation partner one time a week for an hour or more.
The ELI also puts together a calendar of daily activities every week to help students find out what's going on in the community and on campus.
Some activities include:
- the Forest Grove Farmers Market.
- the annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival.
- university sports games.
- holiday parties.
- occasional trips to specialty food markets.