In the Spring of 2011, Moodle was chosen by the University Technology Committee as the replacement system for Pacific's grayboard service. Moodle is an open-source Learning Management System (LMS), that provides Pacific faculty, staff, and students with course web spaces, discussion forums, online quizzing, and other instructional tools.
To access Moodle, go to Moodle and enter your PUNetID and Password to log in.
Faculty and staff can create a course site using myAccount through Moodle Controls on the left hand side menu.
Upcoming Moodle Workshops and Sessions
We hold a number of workshops that introduce Moodle to the campus and aid in migration.
Moodle Tutorials and Help Documents
If you don't see what you are looking for here, take a look at the Managing a Moodle course document on the Moodle website. The University of Minnesota also has a very comprehensive set of instructor guides.
Questions or Comments
Any questions comments or concerns should be directed to the Center of Educational Technology and Curricular Innovation (email@example.com).
- Navigating Your Moodle Page
- Beginning of Semester Checklist
- Setting up the Layout for Your Site
- Editing Your Moodle Profile
- Copying Course Materials from One Site to Another
- Adding an Announcement
- Uploading a File
- Creating and Editing Folders
- Adding a User to Your Site
- Adding Text and Images to Your Home Page
- Adding a Web Link
- Embedding YouTube Videos
- Hiding and Revealing Items
- What do all those Icons Mean?
Using the Discussion Forums
- Creating a Quiz
- Quiz Settings
- Adding Questions to a Quiz
- Using the Question Bank
- Using Respondus LockDown Browser
Using the Grade Book
- Adding a New Column (Grade Item) to the Grade Book
- Rearranging Columns (Grade Items) in the Grade Book
- Entering and Editing Grades into the Grade Book
- Creating Categories in the Grade Book
- Adding Extra Credit
- Exporting Grades Into Excel Spreadsheet
- Importing Grades from an Excel Spreadsheet
Student Help Documents