Each user has a personal profile in Moodle, which is drawn from your campus network account along with some other information you can edit.
Adding a profile picture
1. In the Settings block, click My profile settings.
2. Click Edit profile.
3. Scroll to the section labeled User picture.
- Click the Add which will take you to "file picker" where you can upload a file from you computer or you can drag and drop a photo from your computer. The picture must be in JPG or PNG format. Moodle will crop the image to a 100x100 pixel square. Your Moodle upload limit applies.
- Once selected, click Update profile at the bottom of the page.
- Refresh your browser if the profile image hasn't changed.
Updating other fields
- There are numerous preference settings you can adjust.
- Do NOT edit or delete your ID number field. Doing so will prevent automatic enrollment in courses.
- You may wish to include some of the following information:
- Web page address
- IDs for common peer-to-peer and social networking sites
- Phone numbers
- Campus Address
- Click the Update profile button at the bottom of the page.
Other information that cannot be updated
Much of the information in the top section of the Edit profile page is drawn from your network account. Changes made to this information will not be retained: the next time you log in, it will revert to the information associated with your campus account. Please do not edit the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address — this should always be your campus email address
- ID number field
- If you find any of these are incorrect, please contact the Help Desk to have it corrected.