University Information Services (UIS) provides a number of online educational and instructional technologies that anyone in the Pacific Community can adopt for their teaching. These include:
- Moodle - Pacific University's Learning Management System
- Boxer Apps - Pacific University's suite of Google Apps
- Video Conferencing - tools for synchronous meetings between people in different physical locations
- Free Multimedia Tools - free tools to create to create rich learning experiences by incorporating multimedia in your classroom
- Camtasia Relay - free screencasting tool for students and faculty (software overview)
For more information about these services, please click on the links above. The Center can also provide guidance on how to best integrate these tools into your teaching. Please contact the Center (email@example.com) if you would like to know more about any of these services.
Technology Enhanced Classrooms and Computer Labs
UIS maintains the computer labs and technology enhanced classrooms. For a list of classrooms and labs and their use policies, please follow the links below.
Check-out Laptops, Cameras, and other Devices
The Center has a small number of video cameras and hand-held devices for demonstrations, experimentation, or project use. Please contact the Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a full list of items.
The Library also maintains a number of laptops for student and instructor use at the Hillsboro campus. These machines are available from the check-out desk on a first-come first-served basis.
UIS has several digital and video cameras available at the Technology Information Center (TIC). Please contact the TIC (email@example.com, 503-352-1500) for more information about what is available and check-out policies.