Each department, program or college annually designates a faculty member to serve as the library liaison-to work with a designated librarian to build library services and collections that support curricula and department/program goals.
Each librarian/library subject specialist is responsible for working with a designated list of departments/programs and will work closely with library liaisons from those departments. Both the librarian and the liaison have responsibilities in the relationship.
Familiarity with library collections and services
Near the beginning of each academic year, the department liaison and the designated librarian/subject specialist should meet at the Library for a tour and a brief discussion of library services and collections.
It is suggested that the department liaison follow-up this visit with some time spent browsing the collections and using electronic resources that are of special interest to his/her department.
- Instruction and Collaboration
- Interlibrary Loan
- Reference and Reserves
- Shared borrowing
- Early in each academic year, the librarian/subject specialist should be invited to attend a department/program meeting to speak briefly about library services and to hear the interests and concerns of the faculty regarding library collections and services. Attendance at additional department meetings can be scheduled as/if needed.
- The Library Liaison should inform the librarian/subject specialist of any upcoming changes in curricula and programs.
- The Library will create a regular list of new acquisitions for each department, which will be posted on the Library's web pages.
- The Library Liaison will contact the librarian/subject specialist regularly with department/program purchase requests.
- The librarian/subject specialist and the Library Liaison share responsibility for the selection of library resources.
- Each academic year, the librarian/subject specialist will inform the Library Liaison of the amount of funding available for library resources and will explain purchasing cycles, etc.
- The Library Liaison should devise an intradepartmental library materials selection/request method and inform the librarian about the process. The librarian will work within that process to make purchases and will also make selections his/her self based on reviews and collection familiarity. The librarian will continuously update the Library Liaison on the status of funds and acquisitions.
- The Library will create a regular list of acquisitions for each department, which will be posted on the Library's web pages.
Library Liaison, Academic Year 2014-2015
|Athletic Training||Nancy Henderson|
|Communication Sciences and Disorders||Nancy Henderson|
|Dental Health Science||Nancy Henderson|
|Environmental Studies||Lynda Irons|
|Exercise Science||Lynda Irons|
|Health Care Administration and Leadership||Nancy Henderson|
|Healthcare Compliance||Nancy Henderson|
|Master of Fine Arts||Marita Kunkel|
|Master of Healthcare Administration||Nancy Henderson|
|Mathematics and Computer Science||Megan Drake|
|Media Arts||Megan Drake|
|Occupational Therapy||Nancy Henderson|
|Physical Therapy||Nancy Henderson|
|Physician Assistant Studies||Nancy Henderson|
|Politics and Government||Eva Guggemos|
|Professional Psychology||Nancy Henderson|
|Sociology/Anthropology and Comparative Religion||Eva Guggemos|
|Social Work (BSW and MSW)||Megan Drake|
|Theatre and Dance||Lynda Irons|
|World Languages and Literatures||Eva Guggemos|