Oxford Art Online (E-book)
Oxford Art Online covers all aspects of the visual arts from pre-history to the present. It provides web access to the entire text of The Dictionary of Art (1996, 34 vols.) with constant additions of new material and updates to the text, plus extensive image links.
- 45,000+ signed articles on every aspect of the visual arts from prehistory through the present
- 26 million words covering both the fine arts (painting, sculpture, and architecture) and the decorative arts (ceramics, textiles, jewellery, interior design, furniture, glass, metalwork, and more)
- 500,000+ bibliographical citations that can be searched independently or with the text
- 30,000+ links to color images from high-quality museum and other art sites. (Links are monitored regularly, and many offer information that expands materia presented in The Dictionary.)
- 100,000+ images from The Bridgeman Art Library
- 130,000 images searchable by artist's name, title of work, dates, location, or keyword
- 21,000+ biographies (of artists, architects, patrons, collectors, dealers, theorists, writers, and scholars) by birth/death dates, places, nationality and occupation (in addition to name searches)
- links to 1,000+ useful websites covering people, places, art forms, styles and movements, institutions, museums, and other organizations, exhibitions, and more
- multicultural scope (Articles are written by 6,800+ contributors from 120 countries: every country recognised by the UN has an entry.)
- over 2,000 art images and line drawings displayed in the text of articles and
- highlighted cross-references within articles that lead to related information.
|Publisher:||Macmillan Publishing, Ltd. & Grove Dictionaries, Inc.|
|Vendor:||Macmillan Publishing, Ltd. & Grove Dictionaries, Inc|