AHFS Consumer Medication Information
AHFS Consumer Medication Information is published by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
Key Features of AHFS
- Drug information monographs written in lay language for consumers
- Available in a Spanish version translated by experienced human health and medical translators
- Conforms to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Keystone Guidelines for the provision of “useful” prescription medicine information to consumers and the FDA’s Guidance for Useful Written Consumer Medication Information
- Includes “How To” monographs for administering different types of medications such as eye drops and inhalers
- Identifies medications that have the potential for adverse events when used by elderly patients as recommended by a panel of nationally recognized experts (Beers Criteria). These criteria identify medications that should generally be avoided or that should be used with caution in older adults (65 years of age or older)
AHFS Consumer Medication Informtion replaces Lexi-PALS Drug Guide.
|Publisher:||American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.|