Adobe Connect is a video conferencing service hosted by Adobe Systems, Inc (meaning that software and servers located with Adobe). Pacific University has finite amount of hosting licences available for instructors who wish to host meetings for their courses. Please contact the Center to request the hosting license:
- Al Weiss (firstname.lastname@example.org, 352-1417)
- Tatiana Piatanova (email@example.com, 352-1405)
Adobe Connect Documentation:
- Adobe Connect Computer Requirements
- Hosting a meeting
- Sharing YouTube videos
- Participating in a meeting
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 2GHz Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows Vista®
- Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended) for Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended) check your Flash version
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- No Adobe Connect Add-in support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Users on Leopard can attend meetings in the browser.*
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended) check your Flash version
- a URL (link to the meeting room) sent to you by your instructor (meeting host)
- a laptop computer, a desktop computer, or an Android or iOS tablet or phone (Adobe Connect Mobile). Keep in mind, mobile app for tablets or phones do not have all features of a meeting.
- an Internet connection (ethernet connect is the most reliable, but good wireless connection will work as well)
- a browser (Internet Explorer and Firefox work best)
- headphones, a microphone and a webcam
1. Watch Adobe Connect Quick Start Guide for Hosts from Linda.com
3. Review Best Practices for Adobe Connect events (includes very useful Event Checklist).
Create a Meeting:
2. Test your connection http://pacific.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm to make sure your computer can handle the meeting and Flash is up to date.
3. Login to Pacific University's Adobe Connect (http://pacific.adobeconnect.com) and click on the New Meeting link on the home page.
4. Go through step-by-step Meeting Creation wizard to create the meeting.
NOTE: Adobe Connect meetings are persistent – they don’t have to be scheduled each time you want to use them.
5. Enter the meeting room by clicking the Enter Meeting Room button.
6. Invite participants by clicking Meeting button on upper left corner, then selecting Manage Access & Entry -> Invite Participants...
1. Login to your meeting.
2. Go to Share and click on Share Document.
3. Select Shared Content on the left and click on ConnectTube on the right.
It will open up a new pod where you can search for YouTube videos. You can enter videos' URL directly into Search YouTube field or search by keywords. The list of videos will appear on the right hand side.
IMPORTANT: use the Pod's playing controls instead of YouTube's!-> back to top
To participate in the meeting you will need
2. Receive an email with the link to the meeting. The URL will look something like this: http://pacific.adobeconnect.com/course_number.
3. Test your connection http://pacific.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
4. Enter the room by clicking the URL you have received in the email. As a participant you chose the option of logging in as Guest unless notified otherwise by your instructor:
5. Enable your audio and video. Once you log in you might only see two icons on top menu shelf: a Speaker and Set Status icon:
Once your instructor enables microphone and video for all participants you will be able to see additional icons for microphone and video:
Click on the drop down arrow next to the microphone icon, click Connect My Audio and go through step-by-step Audio Vizard Set-up:
And do the same for video. Once your audio and video is set up correctly the icons will become green:
If you are experiencing trouble with audio, please watch this PowerPoint presentation that will take you through step-by-step tutorial of Audio Vizard: http://pacific.adobeconnect.com/p89spsrdw0e/
-> back to top
I forgot my password
If you forget your password you can reset it by clicking on "Forgot you password?" link under login field on Adobe Connect login page:
Enter your email and click "Submit."
My microphone isn’t working
- Make sure you plug microphone in before you log in to Adobe Connect.
- Quit Adobe Connect, plug in your microphone, and log in again.
- Make sure you click “Allow” when you get a popup window from Flash asking for Adobe Connect to access your microphone and camera:
- Make sure when you go through the Audio Setup Wizard (‘Meeting’->‘Audio setup Wizard’). In Step 2 of the Setup Wizard, pick a microphone from a list. Make sure you select the right microphone for your computer. If your mic is not listed, restart your computer with the mic connected. If it is still not listed after computer restart, you might need to re-install drivers for your microphone.
My microphone is working but sound cuts in and out
- This is usually an indication of Internet connection speed problem. If you have a capability for a wired connection, switch to that. If not, try to get as close as possible to the wireless router.
- Check the speed selected for the session in "Meeting" menu -> "Preferences" -> "Room Bandwidth" (available to meeting Hosts only). It is advisable, if not knowing participants' connection speed to set it to DSL/Cable.
I am experiencing loud feedback/echo
- It usually happens when someone in the session has their microphone and speakers. Wearing headsets instead fixes this problem. If you don't have a headset, keeping your microphone mute and lowering your speaker's volume when you are not speaking will reduce the feedback.
- If headphones did not fix the problem, make sure you only have one Adobe Connect window open on your computer. Find yourself on the Participants/Presenters/Hosts list and make sure there is no number 2 listed by your name. If there is, locate the second window on your computer and close it.
Presentation slides are too small to see
Click "Full Screen" button on upper right corner of the slides:
Can I access Adobe Connect from a Mobile device?
Yes! Adobe Connect has an app for iOS, Blackberry and Android devices. You can download it at http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/feature-details/adobe-connectmobile.html Please keep in mind not all Connect features will be active in mobile version (list of shortcomings: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5803121)
I can't see all documents on my computer when I try to use "Share Document" feature...
Check the format of the document/file you are trying to share. Here is a list of supported formats: PPT, PPTX, PNG, GIF, MP4, F4V, Adobe PDF, SWF, FLV, JPEG, and MP3 file types from the Content library or your computer.
NOTE: If you absolutely must share a file that is not supported such as MS Word document, you can open that file on your computer first and then use "Share my Screen" option instead.