Adding an Announcement
Overview: In order to inform all of the students enrolled in your class of something, you can add an announcement onto Moodle. This will do three things for you and your students. It will send an e-mail to everyone in the class, appear on the side bar of your class page, and it will show up in the News Forum of your class page. This page gives you instructions on how to create an announcement on Moodle.
1. Open your class page and select “News forum,” which is always located on the top of the page.
2. Choose to “Add a new topic.”
3. Fill out the information with the subject and body of the announcement that you would like to send to your class. When it looks how you want it to look, select “Post to Forum.”
4. Once you have posted your announcement, you have thirty minutes to make changes to it.
5. The announcement will be sent out in an e-mail to all of the students enrolled in the class, but it can also be seen in two places on your site. When you first open the News Forum it will look like this:
6. The second place it can be seen is on the side of the class page and it looks like this: